We are British Forces Resettlement Services (BFRS) of Centenary Business Centre, Hammond Close, Nuneaton, CV11 6RY (referred to throughout as us, we, our or BFRS).
You are a person viewing our website, and a potential user of our Services (referred to throughout as you, your or yours).
Introduction and acceptance
We provide services via our (‘Websites’) at:
Referred to throughout individually or collectively as appropriate, as the (‘Websites’).
Services comprise of either:
- allowing applicants to view and apply for vacancies advertised at our websites by third party employers or recruiters and/or allow for applicants to upload CVs for view by recruiters and potential employers (‘Recruitment Services’)
- allowing applicants to view and apply for training courses advertised at our websites by third party course providers (‘Training Services’) and/or
- jobs by email or course by email notification services, whereby an email will be generated when a job or is added that matches your criteria (‘Notification Services’)
- registration services for attendance at events (Face-2-face, Virtual, Company recruitment days), which may include putting you in touch with potential employers, training/education companies and career/advice companies exhibiting at such events in advance of the event taking place
Referred to collectively in these as the ‘Services’
By using any of the Websites or any of the Services you are deemed to accept the terms and conditions set out herein (‘Terms’). If you do not accept the Terms in full, you must leave the Website immediately and cease access or use.
General Terms applicable to the Services
- Applicants can apply for the courses or vacancies advertised by either:
- applying directly through a Website; or
- being re-directed to a third-party website to complete the application
- All Services and use of the Websites is subject to our privacy and cookie policies. The Website(s) may only be used for the purpose of accessing the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that
- where applications are made via a Website and/or Recruitment Services are utilised this will necessitate the uploading of personal information, including contact details, a CV, details of relevant experience and qualifications and the passing of this information to third party recruiters, employers or course providers, as applicable
- where any Services are provided, this will necessitate personal information being provided for inclusion within your booking information and attendee badge. By allowing your badge to be scanned by an exhibitor, sponsor or speaker when at an event, you will be providing your personal data to the exhibitor, sponsor or speaker including your contact details. Allowing your badge to be scanned is akin to handing over a business card.
- we may as part of our events pass basic information regarding your job requirements to exhibitors, in order that contact may be made with you via us in the event that they have suitable vacancies, training opportunities you can agree to the provision of basic information to the exhibitors at the point of registration. You can adjust your preferences at any time.
- You warrant that any information provided to BFRS, or uploaded to the Websites will be materially accurate and you shall promptly notify us of any inaccuracies or updates to that information
Membership and Registration
- You will be able to access some areas of the Website(s) without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website(s) (“Members Area”) are only open to you if you register. To complete the registration process will require an email address and password. We will store the information and create an account for you for the relevant Service. You will require a separate registration to access each of the Recruitment Services and Training Services.
- Where you have registered for our Services, you agree as follows:
- you shall be responsible for all actions taken under that user login and password
- you shall only access the Members Area using your own personal user login and password
- you shall not disclose your password to any other person, nor allow any person access to your password
- you may set your preferences with regard to whether your profile is public and whether you wish to receive relevant email updates, you may unsubscribe from emails by following the link within the email.
- where you have elected within your privacy settings to make your profile public, this will allow third party course providers, employers and recruiters who are registered with us to access this information and make contact with you directly
- you may terminate, or adjust your requirement for notification services or your privacy settings at any time via www.bfrss.org.uk
- you may delete your registration at any time by deleting your registration details. Once deleted your information will not be stored. Please note however that we are not able to control the use of information that has been previously accessed by third party course providers, employers or recruitment companies.
- Our services will contain hyperlinks or references to third party Websites. BFRS does not make any representation as to the security, quality or propriety of any Website, which may be accessed through our websites. BFRS does not exercise any control over hyperlinked Websites accessed through its Websites and accepts no responsibility in relation to any content, material or information contained therein. The display of a hyperlink does not constitute an endorsement by BFRS of any such third party, product or service.
- Accordingly, BFRS has no responsibility or liability to you in respect of any services or products purchased or information transferred by you from any such linked Website. If you decide to access a third-party Website linked to our websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. You shall not link to this Website without the express written permission of BFRS.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- The following shall apply in respect of liability
- BFRS shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered, of any nature whatsoever as a result of you using this Website or our services.
- BFRS does not make any representation whatsoever about any course or vacancy advertised within its Websites or which is accessed, by virtue of or by way of any links from its Websites nor about any third party who appears on the Website.
- it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the suitability of any course of role located via, or advertised on the Website, and of any potential course provider or employer
- whilst BFRS shall take reasonably practicable steps to maintain the security of data, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically via the Internet to its Websites may be intercepted before reaching its intended destination or accessed by unauthorised third parties and may be exploited unlawfully by such third parties. BFRS does not assume responsibility for guarding against the acts of such third parties and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage resulting from third parties’ interception of or access to data of whatever nature
- BFRS will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage resulting from the transmission from this Website to your computer systems of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive items, however caused, such damage to include, without limitation, loss of profits, interruption to business, loss of the whole or any part of a program or any data howsoever stored whether saved on a computer system or otherwise.
- BFRS excludes all liability it may have to you to the fullest extent permitted by law (and whether such liability arises in contract, tort or otherwise) as a result of your use of its Websites, services. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude BFRS liability for death or personal injury due to its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- While BFRS endeavours to ensure that the information on its Websites are correct, it does not warrant its accuracy and completeness. You agree that the service on its Websites are provided as an “as is” and “as available” basis without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind and that your use of the services is at your sole risk and that BFRS is not responsible for the acts or omissions of others.
- BFRS may make changes to the format of its Websites at any time without notice. The material on its Websites may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
Access and termination
- In the event of any improper use of BFRS Websites any breach of these Terms, or if , for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these Terms or are abusing the Services in any way, BFRS will, at its discretion, cancel, suspend or otherwise restrict your access to the Service immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
- BFRS may make changes in or withdraw or suspend any of the services described in its Websites and at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- Save for planned maintenance we shall endeavour to provide continuous availability of our Websites and all the services available on it but we cannot accept responsibility for the consequences of failure to provide an uninterrupted, error free service or availability, however caused, including hardware and software maintenance, mechanical breakdown or Internet communication problems. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the Website at any time.
- If you have any issues regarding access, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Terms supersede any prior terms or agreements. BFRS may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. You should check our Websites periodically to review the current terms and conditions. By continuing to use the services or accessing our Websites following any revision of terms, you accept and agree to be bound by all changes. Save for any revision by us, the Terms may not be varied save by written agreement of the Parties, signed by a director of ours.
- In the event that BFRS is sold to a third party or re-organised, you agree that any information held may be transferred to the third party or re-organised entity.
- Any notice under these Terms shall be in writing and sent to the addressee at the last known address by first class post, fax or by email. Notice shall be deemed to have been received, in the case of post on the postal delivery date following the date of posting, in the case of fax on the date of transmission, and in the case of email on the date of acknowledgement of receipt.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.